I shared an easy summer makeup tutorial at my Summer fashion and beauty event last week, and I thought you guys would enjoy it too! (You can read all about my summer skincare routine here.) I filmed a tutorial on Instagram and you can go check it out there. It is on my IGTV, as well as in my story highlights under Summer Makeup. I hope you enjoy it – it is super easy to do and takes about 3 minutes. Below is a complete list of all of the products I used and why love them. They are all summer staples in my makeup bag. Enjoy!
1) SUPERGOOP UNSEEN SUNSCREEN | A great sunscreen and makeup primer in one that blurs pores and texture and grips makeup for a lasting finish.
2) IT COSMETICS BYE BYE FOUNDATION | My holy grail foundation. It covers imperfections and redness without looking heavy or cakey. A little bit goes a long way. Watch my video for getting a sheer, natural looking application. I use the shade LIGHT.
3) D-BRONZI SUNSHINE DROPS | I simply can’t live without this product in the summer. It is so versatile as well. You can use it as a bronzer or mix it in with your moisturizer and/or foundation for a healthy glow. I also love mixing it in my body lotion and applying it to my collarbones.
4) STILA CONVERTIBLE COLOR | A longtime favorite cream blush. I used the color LILLIUM in my tutorial. It is a universally flattering pinky nude shade that works well year round. FOr a fresh pop of color in the spring and summer, I also really like the color PETUNIA.
5) BENEFIT BROW GEL | This is a super easy way to define and fill in your brows without the fuss. It makes you look polished and put together in 2 seconds flat.
6) WANDER BEAUTY LIQUID EYE SHADOW | Another summer beauty favorite. The color I used is CHAMPAGNE FALLS. Just swipe this all over your lid for a sheer wash of color. Once it dries, it will stay put all day, even on the hottest of days. This and a swipe of mascara and you are done!
7) TARTE WATERPROOF MASCARA | I like to wear waterproof mascara in the summer to prevent makeup meltdown. I love this mascara, but I never pay full price for it. It is always on sale somewhere and I stock up when I can. It does a great job of making my lashes look long and full without clumping.
8) NEUTROGENA HYDRO BOOST GLOSS | This is a a great budget friendly and ultra hydrating lip gloss. I wore the color RADIANT ROSE during the event, but I also love FLUSHING CORAL in the summer for a sheer pop of color.
9) LAURA MERCIER SETTING POWDER | You can skip setting powder if you want, or have dry skin, but I love how this powder makes my makeup last all day and this particular shade, called GLOW, gives me a nice glowing finish, kind of like that instagram filter we all love. This color is fabulous for dry and more mature skin.
11) URBAN DECAY SETTING SPRAY | Last but not least, this is my secret weapon for making my makeup last all day long, no matter if I am wearing a little bit, or a full event makeup application. Be generous with it and let it dry down completely before touching your face and you are good to go.
That’s it! Have fun experimenting and I hope you found some new products to love!